Loviisa Market Square in the heart of the town has been a marketplace for over 260 years now. It is an ideal place for shopping, meeting friends and having a cup of coffee at the market square café.
The market square is open on Mon–Sat between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. during the summer season (May 2nd–August 31st) and on Tue, Thu and Sat between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. during the winter season (September 1st–April 30th).
The market square is renowned for its six special markets organised every year.
The special markets in 2017 are as follows:
- February 14th: February Market (Helmimarkkinat)
- April 11th: April Market (Aprillimarkkinat)
- June 13th: Midsummer Market (Juhannusmarkkinat)
- August 22nd: Loviisa Day Market (Loviisan päivän markkinat)
- October 7th: Autumn Market (Syysmarkkinat)
- December 9th: Christmas Market (Joulumarkkinat)
During the market days, the market square is open between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
For more information, please contact: Teija Aalto, Market Square Manager, tel. + 358 (0)44 565 1188, email@example.com